Saturday, August 10, 2013

What is the definition of gluten foods ?


Gluten Products

     Definition of gluten: A protein composite found in food processed from wheat and related grain species including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keep its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture. Gluten is a composite of a gliadin and glutenin, which is conjoined with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains.

     Here are a list of flours that do not contain gluten:


      I found a website that is similar to what my friend Rhea shared with me on Facebook. What I love about this one is that you can download an application to your mobile phone (which I have on my iPhone). Here is the website: http://www.findmeglutenfree.com/ I simply typed in my zip code and it showed me near my area the places that have gluten free menu or specific food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge

  Knowledge When my child was diagnosed with autism; I went thru so much anxiety and trying to look for resources on the web to see w...