Friday, August 9, 2013

Starting first with no gluten before seeing her DAN! doctor



     Three weeks before Angelina saw the DAN! doctor, I decided to start her on Gluten Free foods. I went to Wegman's website and looked up all the gluten free foods for Angelina. My mom and I threw away all the foods that contained gluten and left the ones that were okay for her to eat. Everyone in the house knew that if they would eat something that contained gluten, that they should eat it outside before entering the house with it. Reading my friends blogs and Facebook post, gave me ideas on what I should buy. I really thought it was going to be difficult buying gluten free (GF) food, but I was wrong. I spend a lot of time going to Wegman's and learning to read all the labels of what to buy and not to buy for the house. 
     
     The only reason why I started Angelina with no gluten (GF) food first, was because I wanted her to transition little by little and not just take everything away all at once. Instead of giving Angelina regular milk, I bought Lactaid milk (I know Lactaid milk has an enzyme that contains lactose). Lactaid milk was just a temporary milk that she would drink before I started her on Almond milk or Coconut milk. I kept all the internet websites on my iPhone on what ingredients contain gluten and what not to buy. WOW! my iPhone was full of these saved internet sites that I would read if in case I saw something I was not sure of. 

     These were some of the no gluten foods that I bought for my daughter Angelina:
  • Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta (different shapes and sizes)
  • Ice cream cones that have no gluten
  • Wegmans organic vanilla ice cream (this I knew I had to find a substitute that has no dairy)
  • Betty Crocker Gluten free (no gluten) cake mix *chocolate*
  • Brown cow vanilla yogurt (which was temporary until I find no dairy yogurt)
  • Amy's Pizza rice crust with no gluten and no dairy (frozen)
  • Annie's Homegrown cookie bunny 
  • Eco-Planet Organics Hot Cereal instant, apple and cinnamon no gluten (GF)
  • Wegmans fresh spinach (which of course has no gluten and she loves in her pasta)
  • Glutino Pretzel twist, no gluten (any type of pretzel that has no gluten)
  • Brown sugar 
  • Dietz and Watson hot dogs no gluten (any type of hot dog that says no gluten GF)
  • Rice 
  • Eggs
     My food list goes on within the days that I learned new things from different people and of course Google....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge

  Knowledge When my child was diagnosed with autism; I went thru so much anxiety and trying to look for resources on the web to see w...