Sunday, August 11, 2013

What are the benefits of epsom salt baths? "and" How damaging is GMO products in our children's health?

Epsom Salt Bath Benefits
      My daughter loves when it is close to bedtime because she gets to take her "Epsom salt bath". I thought it was going to be difficult in the beginning, but I told her that she was taking a bubble bath (without the bubbles). Angelina's biomedical doctor told us that it was something that was "a must" for her to take. I was skeptical at first, but I read all the stuff he gave me plus did my searching in the internet and found an article on Google. The article indicated how "Epsom salt baths help to relieve stress, soothe your muscles, soften your skin and maybe even reduce the look of wrinkles. There were some recent studies which indicated that Epsom salt baths may be soothing for children with autism". There is another website that I found which is Dr. Feingold Doc on Epsom Salt  which is a document from Dr. Feingold that tells you the benefits of epsom salt baths in autistic kids. I am going to end this by saying that it really helps my daughter to relax and have a good night sleep. Ofcourse there are some kids who might not react the same way, but it is worth giving it a try and see if it does help your child or not. 

Why our foods should be non-GMO?

      There was not much I knew about GMO products (Genetically Modified Organism), but I first read about it when my friend posted it on her Facebook and Blogger. Thanks Rhea! I have to say that I was shocked about it and had to look further it this topic. I found this internet website by Dr. Feingold that talks a little about going non-gmo Dr. Feingold GMO Article and also this separate article I found in Google Greeniac Nation (which I should advise that this second article is not great to watch with children).
   
       All this information has made me shop smarter and know learn to look at labels more. I am not an expert and I know that over time I will be a smart shopper. It is sad how a nation can allow these type of products in our kids lives. Hopefully raising awareness to everyone might make a difference.

Hope you have enjoyed these two topics that I have shared! Happy Sunday to everyone!!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge

  Knowledge When my child was diagnosed with autism; I went thru so much anxiety and trying to look for resources on the web to see w...