Friday, August 9, 2013

Our first visit to see the doctor and so very nervous I was ...






     The first visit I took my daughter was the most nerve wrecking day for me, I had a migraine and had so much tension all over my body. It was a 1 hour plus drive for me with Angelina to see the doctor, which was passing Philadelphia. Angelina was not great and had several bad episodes when we went to see the doctor. He was asking me so many questions from the beginning of my pregnancy all the way to the present on how Angelina was. At the same time, I had Angelina scream and cry which made me have a bigger migraine. The doctor told me that it was okay for him to see how she is so he can better evaluate Angelina. 

     The doctor was happy that I already started on giving Angelina no gluten (GF) foods, but told me that I had to start her on casein free food too. In order for Angelina to improve in this type of treatment, she had to eat and drink no gluten and no casein. He put her on supplements that had no dairy and no gluten, he gave me a big red book that had everything on bio medical treatments and information on  Methylcobalamin B12 injections that I would have to inject Angelina every 3rd day (which he called Hopewell pharmacy and had them ship it to me). 

     I left that day with a lot to read and left with a bigger migraine that I came in with. I was happy in a way because the doctor told me his story on how he is a parent as well with twins with autism, how his twins improved throughout the years. He gave me a print out of a newspaper article of his life and how he thanks his wife for following every single treatment with their twins. Angelina's doctor told me that everyone in my household have to adjust to this change in food because one little mistake can alter her treatments. He mentioned how important it was to have support from everyone and especially my husband in this. 

     I had to also little by little remove Angelina's medicine from the neurologist because I was starting on bio medical medicine, which is removing all toxins from Angelina in general. He send Angelina for blood work, in which I decided to take her to St. Luke's Hospital Anderson Campus to get her blood work done there. There was so many blood test that he ordered that the lady from St. Luke's Hospital was shocked to see what her doctor ordered. OMG! The lady asked me which type of doctor is this, I told the lady that this is alternative medicine. I honestly did not care what people think of what I am doing for Angelina, I know that I have her best interest in all this and would never do nothing that would put in risk her health. 
     
     I started Angelina with her treatment two days after, I wanted to be sure to read everything that the doctor gave me. That day Angelina was completely on no gluten and no casein foods, plus she was taking her supplements that the doctor gave her. The doctor gave Angelina a schedule per week what supplements I had to start her on week per week, plus give Angelina the methyl b12 injections every third day (small injection). My older son JP helped me and was very thankful to him. I read in the website of Dr. Neubrander of this cream that I think I would try so I can inject Angelina at night so she would not see it. 

      I started giving Angelina almond milk with no gluten oatmeal for breakfast and a hard boil egg. For dinner, lunch and snacks Angelina would eat her GF pasta with spinach sauce that I make, plus gluten free pizza with GF cupcakes if she wants (apples, pretzel, veggie chips, gluten free peanut butter cookies any day). Angelina doesn't really like drinking almond milk, but I sit down with her until she drinks everything or else I would take away her iPad (which she loves). 

       I was happy the day I discovered tofu ice cream sandwiches for Angelina! WOW! I thought she would not eat them because just reading "Tofu", you would think she would hate them but she loves them. Plus, I discovered gluten free cream cheese that I prepare with her pasta with spinach sauce. Thanks to Rhea that she told me all these new discoveries. 

Enjoying this !!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge

  Knowledge When my child was diagnosed with autism; I went thru so much anxiety and trying to look for resources on the web to see w...