Friday, August 9, 2013

To believe or not to believe, that is the question !


To believe or not to believe

    If you asked me who I put my trust on, I would say in the medical system. I believed in every medical doctor and neurologist that saw my daughter. I am grateful that I reached this far with my daughter, once she was diagnosed with autism I checked every doctor and place that she went and I made sure they had great references.
   
    During that time that my daughter was being evaluated and seen by doctors, I had to convince my husband that it was the best decision to make in going about treatments for Angelina. I had his support, but he was still in that denial stage. I know it was difficult to accept that our daughter had autism, but I was not going to waste time in thinking "why me or why her?". There was things that I did by alone and just did not consult him at all, I felt that I didn't have the need to ask for his approval and as the time goes by I would say something. 

     My daughter improved in many ways during the years, but the only problem with medicines is that once your body is used to the drug, there is a point that it just does not do anything anymore. It is strange how our body works or reacts to medicine over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge

  Knowledge When my child was diagnosed with autism; I went thru so much anxiety and trying to look for resources on the web to see w...